Gangasagar is one of the growing tourist places on the outskirts of Kolkata. In the upcoming year (2023) gangasagar mela will start on 8th january and will continue till 15th january. Basically, gangasagar mela starts approx 3 days before Sankranti and the devotion takes it peak at makar Sankranti.
- The Sagar Beach
- The Sagar Light House(Gives you a complete vicinity of the beach itself)
- Bakkhali(famous for its beach, Bakkhali is a crescent-shaped beach tower located in one of the most scenic deltaic islands of south Bengal)
- Bharat Seva Ashram(A small but famous ashram rum by the non-profitable trust in Ganga Sagar)
- Sajnekhali(It is the gateway to Sunderban, the land falls under Gosaba area and the watch tower is pretty famous because it gives a complete view of the mangroves and thus the name gateway to Sunderbans)
- Omkarnath Temple(This temple is dedicated to lord omkar, amidst the lush greenery behind that place has a peaceful environment)
- Kapil Muni Temple(the temple is dedicated to Kapil muni, if you want to know more please read the history behind the Ganga Sagar mela above )